2020 Culture Fund
Three rounds of funding for local cultural activities
The 2020 Culture Fund is a grant scheme supporting local people, organisations and groups in the borough to lead their own cultural activities as part of Brent's year as London Borough of Culture.
You don’t have to live or work in Brent to apply, but you need to be working in partnership with local artists, community groups or organisations. Individuals can apply for grants up to £3,000 and organisations can apply for grants up to £10,000.
HOW TO APPLY
The third and final round of funding is now open. The deadline for applications is 23:59 on Tuesday 4 February 2020.
To apply, download and complete the application form below and email it, along with any relevant supporting materials, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants are encouraged to read the Guidance Notes document downloadable below.
Applicants will be informed of the outcome by the end of Friday 28 February 2020 and therefore projects must be due to commence no sooner than May 2020.
Added 04 December 2019
Application Form, 2020 Culture Fund
Added 04 December 2019
2020 Culture Fund, Guidance Notes, Round Three
SUPPORT FOR APPLICANTS TO THE 2020 CULTURE FUND
Advice and Tips
The Brent 2020 team are happy to offer advice on any aspect of your application. In the first instance please email email@example.com
Rounds One and Two
WHAT THE 2020 CULTURE FUND WILL SUPPORT
The 2020 Culture Fund will support arts and cultural activities including events, performances, exhibitions, talks, walks, installations, festivals, carnivals, screenings and participatory projects of all shapes and sizes and across all art forms. All events and activities will need to meet the following criteria to be eligible for funding; projects must:
- Involve artists and new partnerships
- Be ambitious and original, with a clear creative vision
- Take place in Brent during the calendar year 2020
- Tell stories or explore ideas about people and places in Brent
- Be open to the general public to attend or participate in, or culminate in a final event which is open to the general public
What the 2020 Culture Fund won’t support
In order to meet the fund’s criteria, projects must not:
- Be for private gain, or result in a profit
- Have a primary focus promoting a particular political or religious view
- Contain material that can be considered offensive
- Be inaccessible or not open for all to engage with
- Duplicate existing provision
- Lack a strong cultural component / or not involve artists or creatives
- Have already taken place, or commence during the six-week assessment period
- Deliver benefits mainly outside of the borough of Brent