Brent Artist Network: First Event
Posted On 01 May 2020
A hands-on workshop to design and deliver accessible arts events. Offered by Brent Artist Network - Brent 2020, London Borough of Culture.
About this Event
What: A hands-on online workshop for artists, creatives and cultural organisations in Brent to explore the why and how of making a cultural experience accessible. This workshop will include a mixture of discussions, exercises and feedback activities. Expect to spend some time in large groups, as well as taking part in breakout sessions.
- Learn about the Social Model of Disability
- Use Cards for Inclusion to explore practical solutions to ensuring access and inclusion in cultural provision and art experiences
- Work in small groups to address different scenarios
- Find out about case studies of best practice and get answers to your questions
Time: This will be a one hour and thirty minute session from 4 to 5:30 p.m. Please aim to join at least 5 minutes before the session is due to start to enable the workshop leader to admit you.
How do you take part?
- You will need access to a screen device (smartphone or computer) and internet to join the meeting on Zoom
- If you have any access needs linked to communication, such as preference for captioning or BSL, this can be arranged. Please let us know in the registration process.
- You will receive the event link via e-mail after registering
Who is the facilitator?
Clara Giraud is currently part-time Projects & Policy Officer at the Greater London Authority, working on the London Borough of Culture programme. She has been working with disabled artists for over 8 years, and developed a range of the resources made available by Unlimited. You can read more about Clara on her website.
Brent Artist Network Unlocked: Workshop Series
The Brent Artist Network supports connection, collaboration, and resilience in the local cultural sector. From 7 May, the Brent Artist Network is going online with a weekly offering of free skills workshops, themed talks from artists and funders, Q&As, artist spotlights and regular sharing of artist opportunities. Future themes include art and social change, how to run and promote digital events, youth-led programming, art, self-care and well being, evaluation, branding and sponsorship. Follow the Brent Artist Network on Instagram and Facebook.