Metroland Cultures Fund
16 April 2020 — 31 December 2020
Supporting Brent artists during COVID-19
The ongoing isolation forced on us all has been particularly tough on individual artists and creatives who have simultaneously lost their audiences, access to spaces and, in many cases, their incomes. New charity Metroland Cultures – set up to deliver Brent's year as London Borough of Culture and, crucially, its legacy beyond 2020 has established a Fund offering tangible financial support to the borough’s cultural and creative sector during the pandemic.
The Metroland Cultures Fund is here to help artists to stay creative through these challenging times, offering funding for you to reflect, plan or develop your practice – in whatever area you feel you need most assistance. The Fund offered up to £1,000 for artists and creatives to cover initiatives and expenses including:
- Putting existing work online or creating new digital work to be shared
- Delivering online sessions to support the local creative and cultural sector via the Brent Artist Network
- Purchasing of arts-related equipment
- Research and development to test out creative ideas or explore demand
- Paying for your time or a consultant’s time to support you with any of the following: business planning, marketing, fundraising, sponsorship, PR or other related professional development costs
- Digital inclusion - making your online work accessible
Applications are now closed and successful applicants have been announced. Click here to find out more.
Information about Brent Council’s emergency support for those affected by COVID-19 is here.
A list of other resources to support artists and creatives during this period:
- Arts Council: Financial Support
- A-N: Information and Guideance for Artists and Arts Organisations
- AMA: Resources for Arts, Culture and Heritage sector
- Grants Online: Round Up of Funding Opportunities
Please do follow the Brent Artist Network on Instragram (@brentartistnetwork) or join the Facebook group, where we’ll be posting useful information and opportunities for artists as well as broadcasting artist talks and hosting workshops and webinars.
10 June 2020
Metroland Cultures Fund Artists Announced
Metroland Cultures announces the artists to be supported by the Metroland Cultures Fund.
16 April 2020
METROLAND CULTURES LAUNCHES NEW FUND TO SUPPORT BRENT ARTISTS
Today Metroland Cultures announces a brand new £25,000 fund to provide financial support to Brent artists and creatives during the COVID-19 crisis.